(1) Suitable and adequate refuse storage containers shall be provided and shall be closed by a permanent hinged cover. The cover shall be maintained in good working order and shall be kept closed except when containers are being filled or emptied.
(2) The Owner or lessee shall provide a sufficient number of containers such that refuse will be securely stored.
(3) All containers shall be kept at a location easily accessible by collection vehicles and refuse producers, with vehicle access from a paved surface. While collecting refuse, vehicles shall not obstruct any portion of the public Right-of-way.
(4) All outdoor refuse storage containers shall be enclosed by a six-foot solid masonry Fence with Attached solid barrier access gates. A maximum of a three-foot opening may be provided on the side or rear of an enclosure for pedestrian access to the refuse collection container. Enclosures shall not be constructed of unpainted concrete block or similar material. Where an enclosure was not originally required on a developed Lot, an enclosure shall be installed upon the issuance of a new business license on the developed Lot. For properties located within the M zone, enclosures for refuse storage containers shall not be required where the refuse storage containers meet all of the following requirements:
a. The refuse storage containers shall not be visible from the Street or the refuse storage containers shall be located in a loading dock area that is screened by a six-foot-tall masonry wall;
b. The refuse storage containers shall be located behind a Building or within a Yard that is completely screened with a six-foot-tall masonry wall;
c. The refuse storage containers shall not be located within a customer parking area; and
d. The refuse storage containers shall not be located along any side of a Building with a customer entrance.
(5) No refuse storage containers shall be permitted between a Street property line and the minimum Building setback line or within 20 feet of an adjacent Agricultural Zone, Residential Zone, or residential Use.
(6) Refuse storage containers shall not obstruct clear view in any Development and shall be located in a manner permitting safe traffic circulation throughout the Development.