(1) To promote architectural and site design treatments that enhance the visual appearance of Development within West Valley City.
(2) To ensure compatibility with neighboring, lower intensity Uses.
(3) To enhance the attractiveness of the Streetscape and the existing architecture in West Valley City.
(4) To avoid deep setbacks behind large expanses of parking areas or vacant land.
(5) To create and maintain a strong community image and identity by providing for architectural treatments that enhance the visual experience of residential Development in West Valley City.
(6) To require Building articulation that reduces the mass/scale and uniform monolithic appearance of large residential Buildings, and insure that residential Buildings and projects incorporate architectural features that provide visual interest, while allowing design flexibility.
(7) To accomplish the goals identified in the Urban Design Chapter of the West Valley City General Plan.
(8) To increase accessibility and safety of pedestrians.