(1) To promote architectural and site design treatments that enhance the visual appearance of Development within West Valley City.
(2) To prevent Buildings from competing for attention through Building color.
(3) To ensure compatibility and appropriate screening for Commercial Uses.
(4) To enhance the attractiveness of the Streetscape and the existing architecture in West Valley City.
(5) To avoid deep setbacks behind large expanses of parking areas or vacant land.
(6) To direct the layout of Pad Site Buildings to relate coherently to the public Street and surroundings (outward) as well as to the main center (inward).
(7) To create a sense of place, Focal Points, site Amenities, and a sense of arrival into Commercial Complexes.
(8) To create and maintain a strong community image and identity by providing for architectural treatments that enhance the visual experience of Commercial Development in West Valley City.
(9) To require Building articulation that reduces the mass/scale and uniform monolithic appearance of large Commercial Buildings, and insure that Commercial Buildings and projects incorporate architectural features that provide visual interest, while allowing design flexibility.
(10) To accomplish the goals identified in the Urban Design Chapter of the West Valley City General Plan.
(11) To increase accessibility and safety of pedestrians.